Gmail not working? Here’s How to Fix it In Simple Solutions
Are you trying to sending an important email but suddenly your Gmail has stopped working? Or you are getting any other kind of issue while using your Gmail account? Then don’t think too much about that as it is a very common issue that every user faces once in a while. There can be varied reasons responsible for this issue and it is also important to fix them as soon as possible in order to get back to your Gmail account. You can fix Gmail not working issue by your own troubleshooting and if you don’t know how to fix, then you can simply read this article to learn about the step by step process of fixes.
Why My Gmail is not working?
There are lots of causes if your Gmail account has stopped working and some of them are listed below:
Due to improper internet connection.
Using an outdated app.
Server settings problems.
Cookies and caches issues.
How to Fix Gmail Not Working Issue?
If you want to fix the not working issue of your Gmail account, then you can simply try the below solutions to fix it:
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure that you are connected with an active and proper internet connection because it is always important having proper internet connectivity in your device to access the Gmail account. You can also opt to another Wi-Fi network or connection to check whether the problem is with your internet or Gmail account.
Solution 2: Update Your Gmail App
If you are using the Gmail app in your device, then ensure that you have the latest app version which is most important to have because using an outdated app may cause plenty of issues and you can simply update your app to the latest version and then check it.
Solution 3: Clear Browser Caches and Data
sometimes your browser’s unwanted caches and data also cause Gmail not working issue and then you will require to clear them in order to access multiple apps without any issue. You can follow the below steps to clear caches and cookies:
Open your browser and then go to the menu which is available at the top corner side.
You can click on the Clear Browsing Data tab.
Check the box for history, cookies, and data.
Now click on the Clear Data tab to clear.
Solution 4: Update Your OS
If you are using an outdated OS of your device, then you may get into plenty of technical issues and Gmail problems are one among those. You can update your device’s OS to the latest version and then access the Gmail account without any problems.
Solution 5: Restart Your Device
Restarting a device is one of the most recommended and effective ways to get rid of plenty of problems and if you are getting any issue with your Gmail account, then you can simply restart your devices and access your email account again to check whether the problems are resolved or not.
After following the above-given instructions, you can fix Gmail not working problems in a very quick and simple way. But if you are still facing the issues with your account or you require any kind of assistance, then you can also get the relevant solutions from the customer support team of Gmail in a very easy manner.
How to Fix Gmail not working on iPhone?
Gmail is considered to be the best email and is preferred by maximum users from across the world. It is considered to be the king of email as it has received commendable responses from the users across the world because of its outstanding performance and new features.
And as the technology has been developed, its features are also developed and now can be used on any device whether it is a computer, Android smartphones or iPhone and iPads, etc. This email is not only used to create or send emails but also is used for many other services like storing images, video, etc, creating presentations, maintaining records, and much more.
But, just like grass does not remain green all the time hence it is quite normal that users are facing issues with their Gmail application on their smartphones. If you are also such a user who is facing such issues with their respective devices then you shall not panic. In this article, we shall learn how to combat this issue one by one.
Fixing Gmail not Working on iPhone!
To directly jump to find the resolutions for Gmail not working on iPhone, let us start by knowing the causes of this issue. And these are discussed below.
Causes of Gmail Not Working on iPhone!
- When your device’s internet connection is not working up to the mark or there is a poor internet connection.
- If you have not yet updated the Gmail application to its latest version.
- Also consider not updating the iOS of your Apple device can cause such an issue.
- If you do not clear the cookies and caches from the settings of the email.
And there can be many other issues which can cause you such a problem. Here are ways to fix the same.
Resolutions to Fix Gmail Not Working on iPhone!
- Start by looking into the internet connection. If not working then you can contact your network service operator.
- Update your Gmail application to the latest version from the application store.
- Do not forget to update the iOS of your Apple device.
- Delete all the cookies and caches from the settings of the Gmail application.
With the help of the above resolutions, you will be able to fix Gmail issues on iPhone.
How to Fix Gmail not working on Android?
Let us move towards Gmail not working on Android by looking into the reasons first.
Reasons for Gmail Not Working on Android Application!
- If Gmail is not working on an Android device then it can be because of improper Internet connection in the device.
- If you have an excess of text messages in both inbox and outbox then also you can face the same issue.
- If the version of the Android operating system is not updated yet.
- Also not clearing the thumbnails and caches stored in the phone's memory.
- If the device gets affected by the virus.
And there can be many other reasons which can cause Gmail to not work on Android devices. Here are the resolutions as well.
Ways to Fix Gmail Not Working on Android Device!
- Start by looking into the internet connection. If not working properly then contact the service operator.
- Clear all the unwanted text messages from inbox and outbox for an email to work.
- Update the Android version from the phone’s settings.
- Delete the thumbnails and caches from the phone’s settings.
- With the help of antivirus applications, you can remove viruses from the device.
For any issue related to the Gmail application, you are free to contact its customer service.
How to Fix Gmail not Working on Firefox?
It is not a hidden fact that Gmail can be used on any device and web browser. And maximum users are fond of using Gmail from different parts of the world. It has received an outstanding response from users as it is not only used to send or receive emails but helps in many other tasks as well.
But, if you are a user who is using Gmail on Firefox and are experiencing issues then you shall not get reluctant. Facing issues with applications has become quite normal so instead of creating the panic you can look for the reasons and resolutions. And this article has you covered and will be starting with the reasons for Gmail not working and then its resolutions.
Possible Reasons for Gmail not Working on Firefox!
- The first reason that is quite obvious is an improper internet connection.
- Another reason is when you have not updated your Firefox web browser to the latest version.
- Not deleting the cookies, caches, and thumbnails from the settings of Gmail can also cause Gmail to not work on Firefox.
- If the device gets affected with viruses and not allowing certain applications to work in which Firefox can be one of them.
And there can be many other reasons which can cause Gmail not working on Firefox issues and make hindrance in searching. But, apart from issues, we have also discussed the resolutions. So you can refer to the steps below.
Different Ways to Fix Gmail Not Working Issue!
- Start by checking the internet connection. If not working then you are free to contact the network service provider.
- If you have not updated your Firefox web browser to the latest version then update it to the latest one.
- Clear all the cookies and caches from the settings of Firefox to start it working.
- With the help of the antivirus application, you can remove the virus from the device.
After trying the above tips if your issue did not resolve then you can get in touch with the respective customer support.
Read More Related Blogs: