Overview on Why Gmail Authentication Error Occurs
There are times when you may see an authentication error when you connect a Gmail account with another service provider to get your email on your Gmail. If you're seeing the Gmail authentication error and wondering why is this error showing, you should read the given possible reason to see the error:
- You may have entered the wrong email or password while logging in to your Gmail account.
- It may also be possible that the wrong server or port is being used to authenticate your account to get access to another email account.
- There are some issues with your IMAP settings, you haven't enabled IMAP.
- Due to wrong two-step verification inputs, you may see this error.
Aside from this, if you are thinking to fix Gmail authentication error and looking for some information to fix the issue, in that case, you should go through the mentioned steps:
How to Fix Gmail Authentication Error? Follow the Given Steps
You can fix the authentication error on your Gmail account while adding another email account, using IMAP. Also, you can fix the problem by enabling IMAP settings. And to do so, you can go through the below instructions:
- The first thing you should do is going to the Gmail login page.
- Then you have to enter your login credentials and log in to your account.
- Next, you are required to click the Gear icon and open the Settings option.
- Further, you should choose the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ option.
- After that, you should select the 'Enable IMAP' option.
- In addition, you should also enable the 'Access for less secure apps' option.
- And lastly, you have to click the 'Save Changes' option.
This is how you would be able to fix the Gmail authentication error without much of a stretch. On the off chance, you see any kind of problem while doing the above fix, you should get help from the technical support team of Gmail. The team is just one call away hence dial the phone number as soon as you see a problem. The customer service team is accessible around the clock to help you and will provide you complete information to resolve any issue.