Forgetting an email account password is not a new thing that you will see as it is very common among users to forget their password. AOL account holder also confronts such kind of situations whenever and finding difficulty to access their account due to the incorrect password. Sometimes most of the users complain that their AOL account is hacked and someone is accessing their account. Well, users can easily get back to their account after recovering it through the multiple ways of account recovery provided by AOL that are too simple to apply.
What is AOL Account Recovery Process?
Have you forgotten your AOL account password or someone has hacked your email account? Then you must require to recover your account in order to sign in back. AOL proffer multiple options for account recovery that one can use very simple to recover the password. The process of AOL account recovery is completely easy and if you never ever recovered your account before, then you should know about the recovery process.
Steps to Recover AOL Account Password
- First of all, you can open a web browser on your preferred device and then go to the official Sign-in Helper page of AOL.
- Enter your Sign-in email address or phone number associated with the AOL account that password you wish to recover.
- After entering the details, click on the Continue tab.
- On the next page, you can select a password recovery option such as phone number or email address as per your choice.
- After that, click on Yes, send me a verification code option.
- Now AOL will send you a verification code on your selected recovery option whether it’s an email address or phone number.
- Enter the verification code that you have received on your selected recovery option and then click on the Continue tab after entering the code.
- Now a new page will open where you can enter the new password of your choice for your AOL account and then re-enter the same password to confirm.
- After that, you can click on the Continue tab to complete the account recovery process.
With the help of these above-described steps, you can simply recover AOL account and access it with a new password. If you are still not capable of recovering your email account or facing any kind of problem during the process, then you need to contact the customer support team for relevant assistance.
How to Recover an AOL Account without Phone Number?
AOL is the email just like other emails used by users. It is used to create, send, or receive text messages and share information. And just like any other emails, AOL is also an email that is protected with username and password so that users have privacy in their account.
They are at the same time advised to not share their passwords to maintain privacy and keep the data protected. However, with the increase in cybercrimes, if you have lost access to your AOL email then it can be because someone has hacked your account.
But, you do not have to panic or create a fuss as your issue can be resolved. To know how you can choose to recover your AOL account. If you want to proceed with AOL account recovery without phone number then, refer to the steps below.
Steps to Get Back The Access to AOL Account!
- Start by opening any web browser and head over to the AOL account recovery page from the search bar at the top.
- Then when asked, enter the username that he wants to get back on the sign-in page and tap “Next”.
- You will be asked to select any one recovery option from the three. If you chose the option of recovery using email then enter the alternate email and tap the “Send Email” option.
- Log into the alternate email and check for the code received to you as a password reset link. Check the same and enter the code in the AOL account recovery page and tap “Next”.
- AOL will be checking the code and asking you to create a new password. Make sure that this time you create a password that is strong enough that no one can crack it.
The users who still are stuck and do not know what shall be done are free to contact AOL Customer service. This customer service is 24/7 active on the various platforms to help you.
How to Recover AOL Account without Security Questions?
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you lose the password of the AOL Account then you can fix it with the help of some basic methods. You can fix the account password using security questions or the alternate email address. To find more, tap below.
Steps to recover the lost password of AOL account without using Security questions
AOL gives the perk of a few methods to recover the lost password of AOL. And likewise, if you want to make AOL Account recovery without security questions then you can use another method of alternate email.
- To recover the forgotten password of AOL, first of all, go to the homepage and then tap on the link of the forgot password.
- Next, enter your username followed by picking the alternate email method.
- As you choose the email method, a code will be sent to that email. Enter the code in the security box and set a new password.
That’s how you can reset the lost password of AOL.
Read More Related Blogs: