Process of setting iCloud IMAP for outlook
iCloud is an important element in apple devices for storing all the data that is not being used as of now. And IMAP protocol helps to set up iCloud mail so that you can access all your mails at one common stop. If you want you can set up iCloud mail on Outlook which is itself a web mail platform used for multiple purposes. Hence for setting up iCloud mail on outlook one can follow below iCloud outlook settings.
Steps to set iCloud settings in outlook:
- Tap on Microsoft application
- Now select menu option and click add account
- Now choose IMAP or pop service
- Enter your name and iCloud email address
- In account type select IMAP
- Now in log in box enter your iCloud user id and password
- Now click on more settings.
- On the general setting tab, enter the name of the account
- Now on outgoing server tab, apply a tick mark on 'my outgoing server requires authentication'
- On the General tab again, click on 'use same settings as my incoming mail server'
- Next on advanced tab select 'enter 993 on incoming server and choose SSL connection from drop down box.12. Now again go back to advance tab and enter '587 on outgoing server' then choose auto connection available in drop down box
- Click on okay button
- Now tap next to check for testing configurations and settings
- Testing will show the complete incoming and outgoing result
- Tap on the finish button
Hence by following above steps of iCloud IMAP settings you can connect iCloud mail with your outlook. Also in case of further query try reaching out to the customer support team.
Read related blogs: