In this article, we will discuss the procedure of finding the IP Address of iPhone.
Follow the below-listed steps to find your iPhone’s IP address:
- At the home screen of the iPhone, tap on settings in order to open the settings menu.
- After opening the settings menu, tap on WiFi.
- Now, locate the connected Wi-Fi network, and then tap the blue arrow displaying next to the network name.
- A new window will open which shows your iPhone’s current IP address for the selected WiFi network.
On your iPhone, you can view three types of IP address by following the same procedure. These three types of IP addresses include DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) IP address, BootP (Bootstrap Protocol) IP address, and static IP address.
How to Get a New iPhone IP Address:
You can get a new IP address on iPhone by the following method:
- Open settings menu of your iPhone and turn ON the WiFi from the settings menu.
- After turning ON the WiFi, look for the network name to which you are connected. You will find a small i button or arrow button next to the name of the WiFi network to which you are connected. Tap on that button. After that you will see the three tabs on your screen, namely, DHCP, BootP, and Static.
- Under the DHCP tab, scroll down to the bottom. There, you will find an option Renew Lease. Tap on it and confirm renew the lease when asked.
- Ater that, all the fields will be cleared for a while and filled up with a new IP address.