You need a network card to connect other computers whether you are using a wired or a wireless network. MAC or Media Access Control Address is an identifier that is assigned to every Network Interface Card.
How to change MAC address in Windows 10/8.1?
It is identified on the network and more important than the IP (Internet Protocol) address. Due to the probability of unexpected conflict, the change of MAC address is not suggested to you. However, the process to change MAC Address is easy.
- Open System Properties by pressing Windows Key + Break or Win+Fn+Pause key.
- Go to the left side of the System window, and click on the Device Manager.
- The Device Manager dialog box will appear.
- Navigate Network Adaptors.
- Check all the Network Cards attached to your computer.
- The selection of targeted Network Adaptor is suggested to you now.
- Click on Properties.
- Select Locally Administered MAC Address or Network Address from the list of options – the one appears.
- A text box labeled as Value will appear now.
- It will insist you to type the six-digit alphanumeric code.
- Close the Dialog Box after clicking the Ok button.
- Close the Device Manager.
Type the alphanumeric code after selecting the radio button. Do not type colon or dashes. Type 004fgHHH8880 if you are willing to type 00:4f:gH:HH:88:80. If you face any difficulty to find MAC Address, have a word with the technical support engineers. You can speak to the support engineers anytime as per your necessity.